This unit will train the participant with the knowledge and skills required to safely work at heights.
This unit applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of work outcomes..
Specific licensing requirements may relate to this competency, including requirements for refresher training. Information should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- RIIWHS204E - Work safely at heights
Initial Course Information
This course is delivered by Mixed mode and requires the following:
- Completion of pre-course online learning which takes approximately 2-3 hours
- Completion of face to face practical assessment which takes approximately 4 hours
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites to this course, however we strongly recommend that the person holds a White Card prior to enrolling
- Special Requirements - Note this is a physical activity. You will be required to fit a harness correctly, be suspended on a safety line, climb ladders and structures. You will also be required to work at a height of approximately 3 metres. If you are unable to undertake these tasks or your weight exceeds 150KG you will not be able to complete this unit. Please ensure you wear comfortable work type clothing appropriate for the activities and safety footware with a defined heel.
- All learning material for this unit is provided via our online learning portal and all equipment is provided for the practical assessments.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 2
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 1
- Numeracy - Level 2
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on 1300 856 684.