This course (previously UEENEEP026A) provides you with the knowledge and training to safely test and tag electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies. It encompasses working safely, using portable apparatus tester, identifying faults, applying tagging, arranging for repair of faulty equipment and completing testing documentation.
You will learn how to test, what to expect when you test and when to pass or fail a piece of equipment.
You can use these skills in your workplace, the home or in community settings.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- UEERL0003 - Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
- UEECD0007 - Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
Initial Course Information
This course is delivered by Mixed Mode and requires the following:
- Completion of pre-course online learning which takes approximately 4-6 hours
- Completion of face to face practical assessment which takes approximately 2 hours
Prerequisites: UEECD0007 - Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace (completed as part of the course)
- All learning material for this unit is provided via our online learning portal and all equipment is provided for the practical assessments.
WARNING REGARDING ONLINE TEST AND TAG TRAINING: It is impossible to fully meet the requirements of this unit online. You must complete a practical assessment as part of this course. Dont get caught without the real world skills.
NB. To test and tag equipment commercially in Queensland you must also hold a Restricted Electrical Licence. For further information on eligability see Worksafe Queensland
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 3
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 2
- Numeracy - Level 2
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on 1300 856 684.
Cost: $375.00CLICK HERE TO VIEW COURSE DATES AND ENROL ONLINE