This course provides you with the knowledge and training required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks.
It gives you the skills to effectively complete hand hygiene and care, use personal protective equipment, handle waste, enforce clean and contaminated zones, surface cleaning and limiting contamination.
You can use these skills in your workplace, the home or in community settings.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTINFCOV001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Initial Course Information
This course is delivered by Mixed Mode and requires the following:
- Completion of pre-course online learning which takes approximately 6-8 hours*
- Completion of face to face practical assessment which takes approximately 2 hours*
- Assessment of your practical skills will occur either face to face in the 1SDO classroom in Melbourne or can be completed via Zoom or by uploading a recorded video of you completing the practical component
- * Completion times are estimates only and depend on the students commitment to the online learning process.
- All learning content is delivered via our online learning portal.
- All knowledge assessments are completed via our online learning portal and all equipment is provided for the practical assessments if completed in the classroom.
- If completing practical assessments by Zoom or video an additional charge $35 may be required if you do not have the required PPE and cleaning materials.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 3
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 2
- Numeracy - Level 2
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on (03) 9017 5590.